We focus on one thing: providing the Audio Bible (God’s Word) to blind, visually impaired, and print-handicapped * people all across the globe. We do it every day in as many languages as we can generate and into as many countries as we can reach. We believe God speaks through His Word of Truth and we want to furnish it to as many people in need of it as we possibly can.
Our outreach is simple and straightforward. We give the Audio Bible free on request with verification of impairment. Each eligible person may receive a copy of the Scriptures. Not only does this recorded Bible become “My Bible” to the individual, but it also serves as a broader outreach as groups often gather together to listen to the Word of God together!
* “Print-handicapped” simply refers to those whose vision may be fine but who can no longer hold and manage books … sometimes, these are people who struggle with cancer, those who suffer with Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Downs Syndrome, Paralysis, and others.
Audio Bibles for the Blind has a rich history of serving others. We have had the privilege of serving people around the globe for nearly 40 years!
We began in a small room located in a home on Long Boat Key, Florida. And now Audio Bibles for the Blind is located in Bradenton, Florida. We now serve approximately 140 countries annually, have over 70 languages available, and receive hundreds of requests for Audio Bibles each week!
• Vision in better eye is 20/200 or less with corrective glasses, or widest diameter of visual field is no greater than 20 degrees
• Cannot see well enough or focus long enough to read standard print with glasses
• Reading Disability resulting from organic dysfunction
• Qualifies for the “Talking Book Program”
• “Unable to read or use standard printed material as a result of physical limitations.”
Please view our “most frequently asked questions” page, but please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
As followers of Jesus Christ we exist to Glorify God. Audio Bibles for the Blind aims to accomplish this by providing the word of God in audio form to the visually impaired and print-handicapped. It is our desire to make these audio recordings available to as many as possible in as many languages as possible at no expense to the recipient.
HOW WE ARE SUPPORTED:
Audio Bibles for the Blind is supported through generous donations from individuals like yourself. As we continue to serve the Lord in making His Word available to those who are blind, visually impaired & print handicapped, we trust that you rejoice with us in knowing the work of this ministry and the commitment of its partners can help make an eternal difference in the lives of those who otherwise have no independent access to God’s Word. Please consider partnering with us as we provide Audio Bibles to those who have lost access to God’s Word in a format they can use.